A robbery prevention strategy can help you and your business reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim. Unlike burglary and theft, which are crimes against property, robbery is a crime against people. Robbery is a crime that puts you, your employees and your customers in physical danger. In the U.S. alone, a commercial robbery is committed every four minutes. That’s more than 100,000 robberies each year. For your own safety and that of others, do not try to be a hero. Prevention strategies can be great deterrents to criminal behavior.
Follow These Robbery Prevention Tips:
- Place security signs and stickers on points of entry to serve as deterrents to robbery.
- Be sure you have adequate lighting both inside and outside your business.
- Exterior lighting should illuminate dark areas around your building and parking lots.
- Interior lighting should be adequate enough to allow people outside your business to see people inside.
- Install silent alarms to notify police and give them a better chance to catch perpetrators.
- Install some form of cash register protection.
- Install security cameras, which not only serve as a robbery prevention tactic, but help with identifying a robber after the robbery has been committed.
- Utilize a safe with a drop mechanism that allows you to make periodic drops during the day to minimize the amount of cash in your registers.
- Always drop large bills immediately and publicize this to discourage potential robbers.
Discount Security Store is a security product distributor specializing in access control and CCTV products. We sell quality brands like HID proximity and iClass readers and access cards, Pelco, Sony, and Panasonic CCTV cameras, monitors, and video recorders to security dealers, hospitals, airports, government agencies, and businesses nationwide. We guarantee fast turnaround time, discounted pricing, and ... free UPS ground shipping on all orders!